Section 106.2 Work Exempt from Permits
1. One story detached accessory buildings used as tool and storage sheds, playhouses, and similar uses, provided the floor area does not exceed 120 square feet.
2. Fences not over 6 feet (1829 mm) high.
3. Oil derricks.
4. Retaining walls that are not over 4 feet (1219mm) in height measured from bottom of the footing to the top of the wall, unless supporting a surcharge or impounding Class I, II, IIIA liguids.
5. Water tanks supportd directly on grade if the capacity does not exceed 5,000 gallons (18,925L) and the ratio of height to diameter or width does not exceed 2:1.
6. Sidewalks and driveways not more than 30 inches (762mm) above adjacent grade, and not over any basement or story below and are not part of an accessible route.
7. Painting, papering, tiling, carpeting cabinets, counter tops, and similar finish work.
8. Temporary motion picture, television and theater stage sets and scenery.
9. Prefrabicated swimming pools accessory to a Group R-3 occupancy that are less than 24 inches deep, do not exceed 5,000 gallons and are installed entirely above ground.
10. Shade cloth structures constructed for nursery or agricultural purposes, not including service systems.
11. Swings and other playground equipment accessory to detached one-and two-family dwellings.
12. Window awnings supported by an exterior wall that do not project more than 54 inches from the exterior wall and do not require additional support of Group R-3 and U occupancies.
13. Nonfixed and movable fixtures, cases, racks, counters, and partitions not over 5 feet 9 inches in height.
Repairs and Maintenance: Minor repair work, inlcuding the replacement of lamps or the connection of approved portable electrical equipment to approved permanetly installed receptacles.
Radio and television transmitting stations: The provisions of this code shall not apply to electrical equipment used for radio and television transmissions, but do apply to equipment and wiring for a power supply and the installations of towers and antennas.
Temporary testing systems: A permit shall not be required for the installation of any temporary system required for the testing or servicing of electrical equipment or apparatus.
1. Portable heating appliance.
2. Replacement of any minor part that does not alter approval of equipment or make such equipment unsafe.
1. Portable heating appliance.
2. Portable ventilation equipment.
3. Portable cooling unit.
4. Steam, hot or chilled water piping within any heating or cooling equipment regulated by this code.
5. Replacement of any part that does not alter its approval or make it unsafe.
6. Portable evaporative cooler.
7. Self-contained refrigeration system containing 10 pounds or less of refrigerant and actuated by motors of 1 horsepower or less.
1. The stopping of leaks in drains, water, soil, waste or vent pipe, provided, however, that if any concealed trap, drain pipe, water, soil, waste or vent pipe becomes defective and it becomes necessary to remove and replace the same with the new material, such work shall be considered as new work and a permit shall be obtained and inspection made as provided in this code.
2. The clearing of stoppages or the repairing of leaks in pipes, valves or fixtures and the removal and reinstallation of water closets, provided such repairs do not involve or require the placement or rearrangement of valves, pipes or fixtures.